31 July 2009

Chapter 79: Life is Just a Breath


Yesterday, after my Missiology exam, I was online in the Facebook. As I was reading some messages from my friends, a chatting box popped out suddenly.

“Pray for Connie Yap.”

I was pretty curious about this.
Therefore, I typed, “???”

It replied back, “She met a car accident yesterday. Now she is in the comma, lying in hospital.”

I was totally astonished! I just had a chat with her few days ago. She said she will be one of Jack's Stuff Models. And she is lying in hospital?

Today, I went to check her profile in Facebook. Guess what? She's GONE!

Then I said, “Life is just a breath.”

Words of Sorrow

Readers, Connie might be leaving this world with many things undone. She is a young girl who just started her college life. I believe she wanna do something which is meaningful in her life. However, who knows she is now…?

I just wanna say that you may be lucky that you are still alive now. Do not ever think, “Ah! Don’t worry, we are still young. There is still plenty of time in our life.” I wanna say that death does not limit itself by time. It comes in anytime, anywhere and anyhow. Death is just a breath away.

Who sustains your life? We really do need to appreciate the life which God has given to us. We often forget that our life is in God’s hand. However, we do not let God handle our life. We always choose to live on our own without God’s guidance. Though we say God is the first in our life, yet our actions do not reflect that at all. If God is in our life, then… what are you waiting for? Put down your meaningless life and put on Christ.

RIP - Connie

Cherish every single day of your life. Live out your life as if everyday is your last day. Do something more meaningful. Live your life purposefully. Live it to the full. And it comes to bring Glory to our Lord God Almighty. Do not waste your stupid time in doing all sorts of meaningless things.

Start planning for your future.

Psalms 39:5
“You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before You. Each man’s life is but a breath.”

My life, though short and nothing, will bring Glory to God in the future.

No comments: