19 July 2009

Chapter 73: History Exam


Rushing to the class of History of Christianity; waiting for Dr Scott Sunquist to start prayer; seeing the rest of students entering the class; sitting down and massaging my eyes (going to fall asleep); looking at my phone, it showed 6:50PM. Every Monday, Thursday and Friday in Semester 2 are really whole tiring days for me. The class started from 7:40am to 10pm. I do not have time to cook and eat my meals. Ha ha ha… Maggi has been my best companion for this semester. Praise God for Maggi.

When all students were in the class, Dr Sunquist smiled to us and said “Your mid-term exam will be on 27 July which is on Monday.”

A Lecturer from America - Dr Scott Sunquist

Everyone, including me with a tired face, was alarmed. History of Christianity is really not an easy subject. I really respect Dr Sunquist. He is a man who truly understands the heart of Mission. Somehow I was stirred by his knowledge and enthusiasm when he shared about missions from the Holy Bible. I believe I will learn more from him and gain wisdom on how to operate my heart of mission. Once again, I am even more convicted to the vision which God has shown to me.

Well, back to my study. This subject really trains me on reading discipline. I have History classes almost every night. I will need to read two chapters from each class. Each chapter consists of 50 pages.

I have three intensive courses which are very critical on July and August: History of Christianity, Missiology & Evangelism, and Homiletics. These subjects need me to read daily. Each day, I will need to spend at least half a day to do readings.

Altogether, at least 250 pages per day.
Within a week, at least 1000 pages!!!

CRAZY AH?!

Readers, the mid-term exam (History of Christianity) covers 14 chapters. I know I surely gain understandings and increase my knowledge on Kingdom of God.

By the way, wish me happy reading for this semester.

Proverbs 3:13
"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding,"

Preparing for History Exam

No comments: