17 July 2009

Chapter 72: The Filipino Children


Today, I followed a group of STS students to a place called Grace & Mercy Community, BCCM Grace Centre (Tuition & Charity Center).

STS Students in Field Education

We were told that this center is only 3 years old. It used to be a place to train Karate. Then BCCM bought it to establish a Christian education centre.

BCCM, Grace Centre

As they introduced their ministry and education, I was actually surprised that this centre was built to serve the children who were illegal immigrants. We even went around the place including classrooms. While I entered one of the classrooms, I saw the pictures of the Filipinos children. It began to remind me about my Myanmar mission during 2002. I miss those tribal people. I used to serve them and share Jesus to them. Many turned back to Jesus and I rejoiced during that year.

Illegal Filipino Children

I really can see that God really loves everyone. The races which we may not trust, we may not love, we may not even want to get near with, God also loves them. The people who are poor, ugly, disabled, problematicGod loves them all. The Filipino children whom we think they are “dirty”, they are thieves, they are homeless, they are very irritated, they are very troublesome, they are dangerous, just because they are uneducated and hanging around the streets, God loves them still. Therefore, God sent these BCCM Christians to serve and love them.

I remember last year, when I was in Tawau with a youth. As we finished our supper in Ingat Restaurant, we walked back to St Patrick’s Church. Then we saw a group of Filipinos hanging around in the dark corner. This youth said, “I really hate Filipinos. They are unclean. They should return back to their own country.”

I replied, “These people are also loved by God.”

The youth looked at me, saying that, “Among all my Christians friends, you are the first one who said this to me. My friends never think that Filipino are to be loved.”

I smiled back to him. Then he said
“I think I should love the Filipinos too.”

I felt that the workers who worked in Grace Centre really sacrifice their time to serve the Filipino children. I really appreciated their love for these poor Filipino children. They went out to find them to share Jesus, and provide education for them.

God, You are indeed LOVE.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

My Field Education Lecturer - Pastor Tsen

No comments: