21 July 2009

Chapter 74: One Condition


Jack, are you asleep? Sorry, I need your help urgently.”

Last Friday, during the midnight, I received a call from a youth. He used to be my youth in Labuan. He is now studying in KK. His name is Renee. (Huh? Can this name be applied in both genders?)

Readers, it’s not Renee Gan. It is a “HE”.

At that very hour, I was extremely tired. And I was frustrated because I just finished my tiring Friday. Previous chapter has told you that I was exhausted during History class. I thought I could be able to sleep soundly on my bed. But who knows… I was waken by a CALL?!

WHAT THE…?!

Anyway, I still got to listen to his needs.
“Hey! Renee! How are you? What do you want?”
“Jack, I am sorry. I actually lived alone in Kingfisher. And I had spent all my money due to school things…”


Before he finished his sentence, I interrupted (half asleep)
“Oh… Ok, so you need some money, huh?”
“Ya! Ya! Ya! Can you help me? I need to spend on food for this month.”

“Hey! My friend, you had been losing contact with me for more than 2 years. I thought you miss me, and wanna find me yam cha. But who knows the first thing you find me in KK is to borrow money?
I spoke with a strong disappointment.

“Sorry, Jack. I am busy with my schoolwork. I had actually asked my mama for money already. I guess I cannot ask her twice on the same month. I do not want to trouble her.”


Doubting about his words, a bit awake, I told him “Well, I can help you. But I have one condition.”
“Ok, thanks so much! What is the condition?”
He was very happy.

“I know you didn’t attend youth gathering in KK. I want you to come to the Youth Cell in ASC every Saturday evening.”
Ah? This… I can’t promise this.”
He murmured.

“Well, I care for your relationship with God even more. I can lend money to you. Yet you need to fix back your relationship with God. In fact, even if I don’t lend you the money, you should come to Youth Cell too.”
“Jack, this is complicated. I do not know how to say to you.”
He felt very nervous.

“Ya! You are right. About borrowing money, you are very clear. About God, you are very blur.”
I started to feel more annoyed, especially in a tiring mood.

“No. It is not what you think. Because…” He tried to think of a reason.

“I hope you come back to God. Truly speaking, you SHOULD return to God.”


When we have our needs, we will kick God away. When we are in need, we will come to God. I tell you the truth, God will feel exactly on how I felt about Renee. I wanna say that our relationship with God is very precious. Do not lose it; otherwise, God will turn away from you. Whatever you pray to God, He will not listen. Whatever you do for God, He will not accept.

Readers, God is NOT our toy or ATM machine. He is our Heavenly Father who loves us the most. He is our God who sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to die for our sins. Do not break His heart. Start to build your relationship intimately with God. Reconcile with God once again. He is waiting for us to enter into His embrace.

1 Corinthians 8:3
"But the man who loves God is known by God."

By the way, do you think I should lend Renee the money? (If you were me, will you lend?)


1 comment:

Phoebe said...

yes, you should jack.