30 July 2009

Chapter 78: Mama’s Cooking


Yesterday, I went to find my mama because she was in KK.

This is my mama's cooking

I have been eating lots of junk food outside during these few days. I was already really frustrated about the cooking gas issue. I share the price of the cooking gas, yet in the end, it was finished in less than three months!! My friends (four girls) who were staying besides my apartment, cooked at home also. One of the girls asked me, “Why are you not cooking at home?”

I said, “No more gas. Tell me how long it can last in your apartment. I believe it will be consumed quickly.”

“Ours… I think it is about half a year. We always cook at home.”


What the…?
Even more frustrated!!


Four girls can use up to six months. As for three boys, it was finished within three months? What kind of food did my housemates cook? Steamboat everyday? I really have nothing to say.

I do not mind to pay the gas. I do mind that my housemate had been taking for granted on the share of cooking gas. He is not considerate. Well, I do not mind paying another time of cooking gas. However, I hope that my housemates will really know how to use it wisely. I hope he will not waste it on cooking “steamboat” daily.

Therefore, I have to eat junk food these few days. Well, it’s unhealthy if we are having meals outside. It costs me so much. I wanna spend less. However, what can I do?

My mama

That is why I miss my mama’s cooking. When my mama was in KK, I would surely return home to have meal with my mama. I went to buy food with her in the wet market. I felt loved and touched when my mama, choosing vegetables or meats, looked at me and say, "Jack, I know you seldom eat this vegetable, I will cook for you.", "Jack, I will buy some ribs and cook the style which you like.", "I know you seldom eat good food, that is why mama is here."

My mama is so good to me. Thanks mama.
I thank God for my mama.
I love you, mama.

Her food is always cooked in a healthy way, and more nutrients in it. And it contains motherly love. This is what I called “Mama’s Cooking”.


I hope the cooking gas will be ordered as soon as possible, so I can start to cook at home again.

Proverbs 23:25
"May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice!"

No comments: