15 July 2009

Chapter 71: Hidden Sin


Jack, are you in the church?”
“Yes, anything?”

“Jack, I got something urgent to talk to you.”
“Ok. Come to the church.”



I brought my youth to Fook Yuen, Asia City. I prepared myself to answer any questions from him. He started, “Well, I thought my friend is a good guy. However, I am very shocked to know this news.”

He continued, after a hesitation
“He made a girl pregnant.”

Quiet for a moment, I replied, “Hmm… well, anything could happen, my friend.”
“But he is a good guy! Well, he’s not a Christian. I thought he will not do such a thing.”


“Ok, tell me what happened.”
“He wants to abort the child. And that girl does not to do so. She wanna keep the baby.”

“It is not right to abort a child. This is an act of Murder.”
I exclaimed.
“But he does not want to let his parents know about this. If his parents know this, he will be banished from home. And the girl does not want to lose this child. Now he does not know what to do.”

“Well, this is indeed a hard case. He needs to be responsible for what he had done.”
“Jack, what should I do? He even asked me for a solution. I am really worried about my friend.”



He looked troubled. At that time, I was looking at the breads on the table. (Very tempting...) Without hesitation, grabbing one piece of bread, bit it, and said, “Well, I have only one solution.”

“What is it?”
looking at me, with full of hope.
“Tell the truth to his parents.”

WHAT?! You sure?”
He looked astonished!

Consider this if he chooses to hide his sins.
First, Will the whole world including his parents not know about this truth when the girl’s pregnancy is growing?
Second, even if the girl agrees to abort the child, when can they get a surgery?
Third, even if a doctor agrees to operate abortion, how much does he need to pay?
Fourth, even if he really got the money, where does the money come from?
Fifth, if it is from his friends, how long did he need to take in order to return?
Sixth, if he has no ability to return the money, will his friends find his parents?
Seventh, if his parents know that he owned people money, would they not ask why?
Last, if his parents are the last one to know, he will really face the WORST consequence."


My youth looked at me for a long period, wondering…
Hence, I concluded, Confess his sin to his parents, and he shall be set free from living in lies."

He was impressed, saying “I guess this is true. I never thought the consequence will be that bad if he was only trying to hide a sin. I believe this is the only way. Though his parents will be angry with him, yet true enough, he will not be banished from his house; unless his parents found out by themselves.”

I added, “Listen to me. Advice your good friend to confess this to his parents before thing gets worse.


Readers, this is the consequence if we fall into sin. We ought to be responsible for what we have done. Whether it is good or bad, God is watching us. Even if we can hide our sins from the whole world, God will always know. The more we cover our sins, the more troubles we will face. Just like the story of King David and Bathsheba. The hidden sin will haunt us for a long period of time, maybe even forever. We may struggle in our own hidden sin for the rest of our life.

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."


1 comment:

sarahvsl said...

good advice. hard to do but true... i hope the guy n girl dont abort the baby oh!!