03 July 2009

Chapter 67: Choices


Last Sunday, I went to Centerpoint to meet a girl. But in the end, she did not come to meet me. I was like... Hey! She is the one who called me on last Saturday and asked me out. (Wow! I guess she is afraid to meet me.)

However, this is not the story I wanna share with you. Here it goes...

A SMS from another girl came...
"Jack! Come save me!"
"Where are you, girl?"
"I am in Palm Square. I am very moody. I am ditched."
"Ah? You are alone right now?"
"Ya! My sister left me alone."

When I found her, her face was very depressed. "Are you ok?"
"No... I am seriously not."
"Alright, tell me what's going on."



We were sitting in the Secret Recipe and she started to explain the whole matter. After the conversation, I found out that it was so sad to know that her sister is a lesbian! I was shocked to hear that. Her sister went to find her partner so she was left alone.

Then suddenly the mother of this girl called and found out that we were in Secret Recipe.

"Hey! Mama! This is the guy whom I used to tell you, he is a nice guy!"
Feeling shy, "Hi, Aunt. Nice meeting you."

"Jack? Oh! I have seen your picture before."

Smiling back to me.

Then her mama was very depressed too. She was sitting on the sofa, putting her hand under her chin, saying, "This daughter really gives me a great shock."

The talk continued for another hour. She kept on talking and complaining. I did not remember the whole conversation. However, it stroked me when the mother said this,

"Why is God so unfair to me? Did I do anything wrong in my life? I had done everything nicely in this world. And is this how God repays me by giving me a daughter who turned into LESBIAN? That is why I am so disappointed about God. I do not trust in God anymore. I would rather trust in myself. It is so hard to depend on God again.
Look! What is this?"


Both mother and daughter were very sad. I was sitting there, remained silent for a moment. Then I began to speak, "Aunt, be strong, ok? I understand how you feel. You are a great mother. Well, where is your daughter (lesbian) right now?"

"Forget about her. I am very tired to know about her things."


Readers, God gives us choice due to our freedom. I was wondering most of the things which happened badly... It's nothing to do with God. It is our own choice to turn ourselves into misery. It does not only affect our own selves, we also affect others (i.e. our family, friends, and strangers). As a daughter turned into lesbian, it does not only affect her status, it will also affect her family's status, friends' and strangers'. How would people think about her family? How would people say about her friends? The strangers may even learn to "be themselves" from this lesbian and do not care about others. This is the consequence when we make the wrong choices.

God will not make us disappointed. He does give us a choice: lay your life down for God? If yes, may God bless you. You will be safe in His mighty hands.
If no, may God have mercy on you. You will be all on your own. No one to blame.

1 Corinthians 8:9
"Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak."

Lastly, the mother said, "Jack, I love to talk to you because you understand how auntie feel. Next time I will find you to yam cha with you. Ok?"

No comments: