22 July 2009

Chapter 75: A Second Chance



This afternoon, I was studying at McDonald in Api Api Center. While I was concentrating on my study – History of Christianity, suddenly I heard a loud voice from an uncle.

“GET OUT!!” (In Malay)

I turned my head immediately, seeing a Filipino kid standing besides me. He held up his dirty hands and said nothing. However, I could understand that he was asking me for money. His face looked sorrowful. People around me were thinking that he was pretending to be sorrowful. I felt insecure.

In my mind, I was thinking “Are my things safe?”
(Thinking that he was a thief)

The uncle (Malay) behind him kept shouting, You dirty boy! Get out of here! Don’t ask any money here!”

The kid moved away, when I was about to dig into my pocket. Then I saw another uncle (Chinese) giving the kid RM1, patting on his shoulder. The kid was very happy and he got out of the place.

Then I suddenly saw a picture in my mind - Jesus helping the poor. I felt regretted because I should have actually given money to this kid. Jesus always told us to love people including Community as well. But why do we think of ourselves first when the poor or the sick come to seek help from us?

Maybe because of the incident: Sony Ericsson S500i(Click the words see what actually happened)


The uncle continued to criticize, “This guy is a thief. They only know how to steal and ask for money. If you place your phone on the table, they will immediately steal it away without your notice!!”

Is it their fault to steal? Is it their nature to be thieves? If you were in their shoes, how do you feel? Whose fault is that? It is THEIR PARENTS!!! It is those irresponsible people who only know about sex intercourse and never care for the consequence of having babies!!! Do you think those kids wanna live like that? Wouldn’t they be jealous to those kids who are properly treated?

These poor kids were “like sheep, have gone astrayed”(Isaiah 53:6). No one guides them to be good. No one feeds them properly. Therefore, they live in SIN. Who taught them to steal? They were FORCED to steal because they need to survive too. Who will employ them? Everyone will think they are thieves; no one will employ.


God loves all the rejected ones. He even gives them a second chance to turn back to Him. Therefore, He sent His son, Jesus Christ to redeem us. Believing in Jesus Christ is our second chance. Jesus Christ helps the poor, heals the sick, and care for the needy. What about us? Our God loves everyone including the poor and sick. If I were given a second chance to give money to that same kid, I will give.

If you were to ask them this,
“When you were given a second chance to turn into good, and you will not live sorrowfully, will you accept it?”

Their answer will be “YES!!”

Jude 1:21
"Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."

No comments: