02 August 2009

Chapter 80: A Conversation about Courtship


Jack, I feel very confused and frustrated now. I wanna smash something.”

“Ha ha… I guess there are three possibilities that you feel like that.”


At that time, I was sending a boy back to his house. Then this conversation started to arouse.

I continued “Well, you are 13 years old. These are the three issues which you will probably face now: Friends, Family, and Girls. I guess you are bothered about ‘Girls’.”

He, shockingly, said “Huh? Jack, how do you know?”

“You are a person with many friends. How can it be peer pressure? Your family will never bring you headache. They are too lovely. You never mention anything about girls before. I believe there must be something to do with girls which bring you confusion.”

“Hmm…” Feeling shy.
“Ok, now I know you like someone now.”


“Jack, what can I do in order to win a girl’s heart? I do not know what to do now.”

“Before you think of chasing this girl, let me ask you this. What is the motive of having this girl as your girlfriend?”


He kept quiet for a moment, shuddering
See! You do not even know what you want.”
I laughed loudly.

Then we decided to have supper in Damai together. After sitting down, I continued “My brother, you must seriously think about this. If she really turns out to be your girlfriend, you sure you will be happy? She is too young to think about commitment. Surely you will break up because both of you do not understand what life is all about.

What about your parents? You gonna hide this until they found out? You will lose their trust. Do you think it is worthy? Remember your parents love you very much.


It is not wrong to like someone. It is not a sin. But do not be too lustfully obsessed because it is a sin. Your first courtship is very important. You wanna give you first courtship to a girl who can only be committed to you for less than a year? ”


He shook his head, meaning disagreed.
“Yeah! Boy! It should be FOREVER! Save this for your best beloved one, that is your wife. Holding hands, hugging and doing everything with her are your FIRST time. Isn’t it romantic? Why waste it? Do not follow my step. I regretted for what I had done.

Now you may be thinking that it is too early to think about marriage and commitment. Therefore, do not even think about it. Do what you supposed to do now: study hard, build friendship, and be a good example to others.”


He nodded his head, then I challenged him.
“My dear brother, I know you are a smart guy. You are not stupid. I know you understand what I am saying. This choice is in your hand. I know you will choose it rightly. You are THE MAN.

Jack, thanks very much. I know what I should do now. Actually you also know this girl whom I like. But I just don’t dare to tell you her name.”


Smiling back to him, I replied “My dear brother, knowing her name is not important. The most important thing is…

To enjoy your “13 years old” life.”


Galatians 5:16
"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature."


2 comments:

ŋäťäłΐє said...

who orh???

Jack's Stuff said...

Nat, you wanna know?
So do you guess he is Vincent? hahaha...