07 August 2009

Chapter 84: Cutting The Cards.


Everyone was preparing for the SOMA conference. I saw the people in the office were doing all sorts of things. I know that it is never easy to host a big event. All different nations will gather in ASC on 13 August 2009. It will be approximately 300 participants.

At that busy moment, the posters of “Youth Live Concert” had arrived. I was filled with joy. I know that the youths are looking forward for the concert. Some even came to me last week, asking me for the posters and the invitation cards. Due to the SOMA conference, I must give the priority to those who were preparing for it. It passed from Monday to Thursday, they had been rushing their work. Therefore, no matter what I must finish printing all the invitation cards by yesterday (Friday). Looking at the time, it showed 5:50PM. I went to ask Michelle, at the same time, feeling sad for her stress and busyness “Michelle, when can I use your computer to print the invitation cards?”

“6PM…” Smiling at me, she said, “I will finish my work at 6PM.”

Naughty Michelle

After printing the invitation cards, it was already 6:30PM. Then I remembered that I promised the youth to give them the cards by today (Saturday). If I start to cut the invitation cards today, it will be too late, because it will clash with the work of Sunday bulletins. I said, “Well, I know everyone will be busy tomorrow. I will do the cutting myself now. It will save everyone trouble and it will edify the whole youth ministry.” (laughing)

I stayed in the office, searching for a penknife and a metal ruler, sitting in front of the table with a glass on top of it. Cutting the cards, thinking in my mind, “God, thank You for letting this concert happened. I can’t wait for it.”


Taking my time, cutting the cards into 320 pieces. I did not know why I felt joyful in my heart. I believe that must be something which I want to do for my God. It is worthwhile for me to do this for the concert. No matter what, I will glorify God in this concert. Glorify Thy Name!

I believe the youths will receive the posters and cards with excitement and joy today. Just by wondering how their expression will be, it has already motivated me more to cut all the cards.

When I finished all the work, it was about 8PM.

Colossians 1:11
"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully"


No comments: