03 August 2009

Chapter 81: The Most Foolish Thing


When I woke up in the morning,
suddenly I recalled this incident…
It was about 4 months ago…

During the night, someone called me
“Jack, this is the most foolish thing which I had ever done.”

When he came to me, he was about to cry. I calmed him down, encouraging “Hey! Bro! What’s going on? Relax. Tell me slowly. I will listen.”


He was weeping. I could see the tears in his eyes. He said “I broke up with my girlfriend.”
“Oh… Ok. Don’t feel sad. You will be fine! Be strong.”

No, Jack. This is not the point. After the breakup, she finds me back. I said I do not want to see her anymore. Then she even asks my mother, my friends, her friends to find me.”
“Well, this is the consequence which she needed to face when she dumped you.

“I still love her. However, I just could not forgive her because she broke up with me for no reason.”
“Well, now, do you wanna give her a chance to meet her? You still can…”


Before I finished my sentence, he interrupted

“Jack, she is dead.” Then he burst into tears.

WHAT! When is this?”
“This afternoon…”


I did not know what to do during that time. I just sat down there and listen to his cry. I knew what he meant by “the most foolish thing”. He lost his chance to see his ex girlfriend. At that time, he still loved her. Due to the breakup, he created hatred in his heart and refuse to meet her. When he found out that she was dead, her parents actually explained to him, saying that the reason why they broke up may be laid in this fact. He sorrowfully said “Now I know why we broke up… I really regret! I really regret!!


Readers, the reason he regretted is because of his unforgiving attitude. Forgiveness is really needed in everyone’s life. Learn to cherish opportunity which can create new miracle between you and your friends. God forgives us our sins; He even gives us a new life. Since God forgives us, we must forgive one another. Jesus Christ came to die for our sins, because He had forgiven us. He loves us. Though you are hurt by others, you still need to forgive them. Learn to face your enemies with a smile every day. Learn to reconcile with them and forgive them wrongdoing against you. Do not regret if anything happens out of your expectations. Remember this verse below...

Matthew 6:14-15
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

The last sentence he said
“If she is still alive now, I will…”

It’s too late.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damm.
that was deep.
guess you could say,
that really hit home for me.

Jack's Stuff said...

Yeah! My friend,

Cherish your friends and family. And learn to live life in the fullest.

:)