21 August 2009

Chapter 88: Wagamama Sushi


My sister, Rachel, came to find me and see how I am doing. Entering my room, she immediately saw something on my table. Picking up the 50% voucher and shout “Brother! I want to eat Wagamama Sushi!”

It’s been a long time that me and my sister did not hang out together. Hence, I brought my sister and her friend to go and have dinner in Wagamama Japanese Restaurant.

When we started to order Sushi, she was very excited. She even ordered one of her favorite sushi – the salmon with rice and mayonnaise. I was like…

“Huh? Sushi with mayo?”
“Yeah! You do not know now the sushi got mayo?”


Then I also saw sushi with avocado, sushi with cheese, sushi with whatever

“With Cheese?”

Rachel and her friend were laughing at me, saying that nowadays sushi is more westernized now. Then I suddenly thought about that now most of the nations are mixed with different cultures. Even food is involved in cultural issues. Chinese food with western style… for example. Everything changes, ya?

I started to think about the church today. Did the doctrine of theology also change due to the cultural issues? There are many changes in Jesus’ teachings in certain churches. There are many extra doctrines which do not even exist in the scriptures. Some people even change the true meaning in the bible. Some introduce certain things which we do not even know whether it is true or not. Some introduce things which cannot be found in bible. All of these have really mixed up the whole system of the church. It affects the whole body of Christ. Many churches are corrupted. There are why many denominations are formed. I was thinking why churches are divided though they all believe in one God.

God, You do not delight in division among the churches. You want all the churches to fulfill one purpose for You – to bring good news to the lost. I wonder Jesus has given us the task on what to do. However, many people tend to mix it up and make Jesus’ teachings even more complicated. They have many disputes and conflicts. God, this should not be. God, have mercy on us sinners.

God, I really do hope to see all different churches will unite as one – the Church of Jesus. People will worship You, together praising Your Holy Name, shouting “Hallelujah!”

God, I know this is what You wanna see. I really wanna do this for You, to unite the churches back. Knowing it is hard because people’s wisdom will block them from listening to the truth.

God, this is my desire. Knowing I am nothing, but a junk! Yet I believe God will not despise and use my life for Your glory! Let this burn in my heart. Use me as Your tool, and glorify Your name.

Ephesians 4:3-6
"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

Zhen Zhen and Rachel
And the dinner in Wagamama cost me RM113.45.

RACHEL! AHHHH…!!!

1 comment:

Manda's Life said...

Hi Jack, hehe.. i just finish read ur blog~ wuakaka.. ur sis - Rachel just only cost u RM 113.45 only.. very cheap edi!! >< coz it just cost u ONCE time in a month only!! ahaha... :P