25 June 2009

Chapter 64: Logic Sense


Yesterday, we had a choir practice in STS. I felt a bit lazy to attend but it is a compulsory subject. Hence, I must go to grab the credit hour. When the choir practice started, Timothy was sitting besides me. We were given a new song “Lord, Help me be your servant”.


When the practice carried on, Timothy was having a great difficulty in listening and knowing to the music notes. He came to ask me, “Jack, can you help me to figure out the notes? I really do not know any of music theory.”

“Sure!”

While other students were still figuring out the third page of the music sheets, I had completed filling all the notes and handed back to Timothy. He was amazed! “Hebat la kamu… Jack!” (You are good, Jack)

Figuring out the notes

“Timothy, actually it is very easy to know the notes. It is actually very logical. If you take some time to use your logic sense, you will understand how the notes flow.”

“No. I can never know how the notes performed. But I can follow the music coordinator. Whatever he taught us, we will just sing. Isn’t it easier?”

I suddenly thought that not everyone has the same logic sense. For example, I am a person who loves to try something different, so trying new things is always my logic sense. However, for others, they might think that this is illogical to them.

Not everyone will think exactly the same way like we do. You may have your own way. I have my own way. There is why many people have conflicts and chaos in their “own” logic sense. From this choir practice, it began to tell us that I need to understand why Timothy may think that music notes are never logical to him. In the end, solve this issue with him by telling him the true logic sense.

Thomas Chin - our music coordinator

Our God, sometimes, does something which we may think it is illogical. However, please believe that our God will plan the best for us though it may look tough and difficult. Instead of blaming God why life is like hell, it is better for you to find the logic sense of living in joy. It will turn your life upside down.

Readers, what I am trying to say… is to understand others first before you start to use your own logic sense and argue the meaningless matters. You might even hurt others unnoticed and unintentionally.

We have hurt God many times.
If you have the logic sense for God now,
I believe you will know what to do next.

Proverbs 2:6
"For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

1 comment:

Sophiacsh6508 said...

i know him!!! ^.^ uncle thomas