31 March 2009

Chapter 41: Unacceptable attitude



On 30 March 2009, at 8am in the morning, I went to ASAA (All Saints Anglican Academy) to mobilize the Youth Alpha.


Before I shared about Youth Alpha, Roy was sharing Word of God first. At first, I was enjoying his interesting sharing... I was actually quite glad that the junior students were interacting with Roy. As I started to look at the senior students, to my surprise, they were not listening to the Word!!

Some slept; some gave “cool” face as if they were very smart; some gave bitter faces to show that it was boring. I even saw some students coming late for the ASAA assembly. As the principal asked them, “Why are you late?” they did not even bother to look at her. They continued their way to the empty seats.

What kind of attitude is this?
(I wish I could shoot video about the real situation...)

I asked someone who was sitting besides me, “Why are these boys acting so arrogantly? They show no respect at all. They even sleep during the time of Word.”

He, without hesitation, replied, “These boys are rich people. They are very proud. They have no reverence for God. They have no fear in teachers.”

In panic, I thought, “Will they come to the Youth Alpha? This is just a waste of time. While I mobilize the Youth Alpha, they will definitely sleep and show no respect to me!!”

“I doubt they will listen.” He, hopelessly, spoke again.

God, since they are so arrogant, I might as well use this chance to rebuke them. I think this will be my only chance to mobilize the Youth Alpha in ASAA. I doubt they will join the Youth Alpha. God, since they have this kind of unacceptable attitude, I will not expect them to come too. Let me presume that there will be no ASAA students joining the Youth Alpha.

God, Your will be done.
If they want to come, let them come.
If they do not want to come, let it be.

When it came to my turn to share the youth alpha, as I expected, they really fell asleep. Some turned their face to ignore what I was saying. Suddenly I shouted in a strict and stern voice, in a sharp and straight tone.

Listen! You rich people! Your life is not about money only! If you do not come to this Youth Alpha, you miss one of the best part in your life. Challenge me! I will wait for you.”

There was a complete silenceeveryone was looking at me in astonishment. (Maybe the Senior students were annoyed and think, “Who do you think you are?” Kinda hate me, ya?)

“I am serious…” I strongly spoke, my eyes looked directly at them.

Proverbs 1: 29, 31 - 32
"Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them;"


ASAA Teachers, I really appreciate all your hard efforts and love on these Senior students. Besides that, I like the Junior Students.

Keep up the good work, fellows.



To be continued

2 comments:

sarahvsl said...

haha..everyone loves the junior students. thy even complain why thy cant go to Alpha. lol...
i think u were cool when u challenge the "rich" ppl.. it's true ma. if thy no more money..thn thy like no more life lik tht. anyway...hope many ppl go o.

~G~ said...

waw ~!! u really shout that out in front of public :P really a waw ~!
hehe ~!!
Money is not everythinG ~! aGree ~!!
dude ~ you are cool man~! ^.^