01 April 2009

Chapter 42: Please God or Men?


Continued from Chapter 41: Unacceptable Attitude

Readers, if you were me, can you stand those arrogant boys’ attitude? Do you feel disappointed when those people disrespect our God and show no reverence to our God?

On the same night, while I was helping out the Adult Alpha Course, there was an aunt asking me curiously, “Jack, why are you so fierce and strict to ASAA students? Are you scared actually?”

WHAT THE...? I'm scared?

Adult Alpha Course

Normally, when a person speaks loudly in public, it is because he wants to overcome his fear towards the people. However, this aunt got it all wrong. Am I scared?

Absolutely NO!!

Those, who are close to me, should know that I am not welcomed by many. I do not even care about my reputation especially when it comes to a stage where I have to stand firm in the presence of God. Am I here to please God or please men?

Galatians 1:10
"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

That aunt, acting like a teacher, continued to said, Jack, you should not speak so loudly. You should speak gently to those students. You will scare them away. These students are different. You need to deal them with love, gentleness and softness.”

I forgave her for she did not know the whole situation. Deal with gentleness and softness? Come on, man!
Are they still babies? Need me to spoon-feed them? It is because they are different, so I should rebuke them seriously. Even the Junior students are better than them.

ASAA Junior Students

Did she know that the senior students were sleeping while I was mobilizing Youth Alpha? Am I supposed to say gently, "Hello, everyone. Please wake up. Listen to me, please."

This is NOT CHILDREN CELL.

When I spoke loudly to them, does it mean I don’t love them? Indeed, it will not affect my emotion even if there are only 2 persons who attend the Youth Alpha. My task is to share the gospel. Even if there are only 2 persons, I will still share the gospel wholeheartedly.

Do you think I will feel very down and upset because the attendance is only 2 persons?

Of course not!

Think carefully!! If only 2 persons came to Youth Alpha, this shows that the Favor of God falls on these 2 persons.

How blessed are
those who hear and receive the gospels sincerely.

When you met this kind of situation and you know you will waste your time explaining the whole program (because you know they will not listen), is it wrong to speak loudly to get their attention?
I teach you!! If you face this in future, you should give them a strong and powerful rebuke.

To me, I have done my part sincerely. I, as a servant of God, represent God to promote His word (Youth Alpha) to people. Now who’s not listening? Can I control their mind? Even in the Old Testament, the prophets scolded and rebuked the people, do you think they will be welcomed by the people? Do you think they are loved by people? Do you think the people listen? When the prophets scolded and rebuked the people, does it mean they did not love the people?


Readers, Who likes to be scolded and rebuked by me? No one likes it! In fact, this is my true love to them. I tell you the truth. If I do not even rebuke those senior students, it means I do not care about their salvation. If they come to Youth Alpha, I will surely take it seriously to share the gospel to them.

2 comments:

sarahvsl said...

u were fierce meh? lol............. no la...no one frm ASAA felt u were fierce la Jack. don get discourage k?

Richmond Cheow said...

Unless they change they will not receive anything beneficial..