04 April 2009

Chapter 44: God, this must be a Joke, right?



On 2 April 2009, on the way back home, Vun Hui said, “Oh! I have not finished my New Testament essay.”

I remained silent, thinking in my mind, “You only need to hand up the research report every Tuesday. You have plenty of time. Why do you worry so much?”

“I hope I can hand up the essay on this coming Saturday.” He, worriedly, murmured.

“Why do you need to hand up on this Saturday?” I, in an unclear view, asked.

He was shocked when I said that.
What? Do you not know that the due date is on 4 April? It means this Saturday.” He replied.

I still wondered what he was trying to say.
“What essay?”

Once again, he was againshocked This time, he screamedWah~! Jack! Do you not know that we have a major assignment which contains 20% of this subject score?”

WHAT?!

When I reached home, I immediately searched the syllabus of New Testament. That it is written right at the bottom of the paper:

“Write a 3000 words essay related to an aspect of the course-work not treated in lectures, to be submitted by the end of the second week after Reading Week (i.e. by 4th April 2009).”



WHAT THE…?
I even highlighted the date “4th April 2009”.

Oh God! I am so stuck in ministry and study. I totally forgot about this MAJOR assignment. (Ok, I admit this is my own fault. No one is to be blamed except me.)

Now what? 2 days left?! You must be kidding! This must be a JOKE, right? In 2 days time, I need to do super rapid reading, and do much research. After that, I need to write out a 3000 words (roughly 10 pages with Bibliography and Table of Content) in less than 24 hours?!

In school, I have to study for Hebrew exam, prepare a preaching sermon for my Homiletics exam, and hand up two weekly reports on Field Education and New Testament. All of these are to be handed up next week!!

In ministry, I have to prepare my Saturday sermon for ASC youth. And I have to shoot a Youth Easter video for Easter Day. And I need to prepare for the Youth Alpha sermon. I am SO BUSY during this weekend.

I am once again stuck in ministry and study with this GREAT 20% major assignment.

God, I need Your strength!

Lord, I am totally tired but I am not giving up!!
Doing rapid research!! I must finish the assignment!!



The Assignment is DUE TODAY!

Psalms 13:2
“How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?”

To be Continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ur rapid research is about facebook and MSN? haha.. ur picture dude.. Turn off ur facebook and MSN lah then can focus =) wuahahaha

Jack's Stuff said...

HAHAHA... No la.. The picture that I put inside, is purposely to make you all laugh man... The story is "to be continued..." Note that clearly ah