02 April 2009

Chapter 43: Miss the Feeling



During the fellowship of family group, Dr Frank Gee, my lecturer, asked me, “Do you have any good news to tell us? How has God blessed your week?”

2 new friends who are non-Christians accepted Christ on last Saturday.” I gladly answered.

“That was indeed GREAT news, Jack! Praise the Lord!” he joyfully exclaimed.

Dr Frank Gee and his wife, Diane

These 2 new friends are the ones who will attend the Youth Alpha as I had mentioned in previous chapter. During the Earth Hour, I challenged the 2 new friends who were Non-Christians in youth cell. I was really glad that my youth really started to bring new friends into youth cell. I know that I need to grab every opportunity to share gospel to non Christians. I believe that it is not easy to bring new friends to church. My youth must be putting a lot of efforts to invite her friends to church. I did not want to waste her efforts and we bring no fruit in the end.

The good thing is that when the 2 new friends received Christ, my youths (two girls) were so happy! It seems that ASC youth has no one who received Christ for a long time. The moment I approached them and said, Good news! The new friends had just received Christ. Follow them up properly. Write this in your cell report.”

One of the girls was so joyfully that she was jumping up and down, lifting up her hands saying, Yahoo! Today is really my good day.”

This is the real joy which I had mentioned in Chapter 35: Unspeakable Joy. Even though I did not react like her, I was so joyful in my heart, praising God, saying, “God, all glory be to You. Thank You for using me in Your Kingdom”

It has been a long time that I did not share gospel. I have challenged only 6 persons to receive Jesus Christ last year: 2 in KK, 1 in Australia (through MSN) and 3 in Tawau. I know "6 persons" is very little, quite shameful. It is really joyful though when you see someone whom you challenge has received Christ.

ASC youth leaders and I


I kinda miss the feeling of evangelism.
God, I still remember my prayer request
– to preach the gospel in front of millions.

I wish that really happened in my life.
God, please fulfill my wish.

Please... God... (begging for God's mercy)

Romans 10:15
“And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

No comments: