17 March 2009

Chapter 31: STS Retreat


The STS retreat was wonderful! I had a great rest and refresh myself greatly. We went to a place called Pace Bene, Papar. It is located with nature surrounding. That was a lovely place to stay. There are a group of sisters who will mainly take care of the food, the accommodation and cleanliness. We didn’t need to do the work, and cook food.

Pace Bene, Papar

To say the truth, I didn’t get to mangle around much with people. Most of the time, I slept. I felt that I was totally pampered. No ministry, no study… The only ministry is interpreting the Chinese sermon into English. Tough Job, anyway. That’s so wonderful to rest in the presence of the Lord. When I slept, I did not need to set alarm to wake up. The sisters will ring the bell to indicate that it was the meal time (breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper). I just kept myself quiet and enjoy the nature, devote myself into the Lord. I spent much time with the STS lecturers and STS friends. They are really good people.

Psalms 133:1
“How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity.”

My STS lecturers

I learnt one thing from the sisters. On Sunday night, it was 1am in the morning. Yet I saw the sisters still cleaning the house of the Lord. They really love the Lord very much.

Psalms 134
“Praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord who minister by night in the house of the Lord. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord. May the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth bless you from Zion.”

I felt very touched when I saw them working passionately. In my heart, I thought, “May our Lord, Jesus Christ, bless you and remember your work.”

My STS friends

Before we left the place in the next morning, we thanked the sisters for taking care of us. The thing which touched me the most is that the sister said, “We actually prayed for you all before you all arrived in this place. We really ask God to give you all a successful and meaningful retreat.”

Indeed, that was the best retreat which I ever had among all these years of serving.

I find rest in the Lord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there with you for 2 occasions. And it really makes me wonder. Why are you given so much "works"?

How are you going to give your best to the Lord with having enough sleeps? I am worried about your health as you grow older. I am glad that you are given some good sleeps during the retreat.

Pray that the leaders can differentiate works from ministries.