20 November 2009

Chapter 115: Her Tears


Yesterday, as promised to Canon Sylvia Jeans, I went to borrow the handy camera from the STS again, and rushed to her house for video shooting again.



As I reached the playground where the children were supposed to have their Sport Day, I saw a group of Roman Catholic youth organizing the games for the Filipinos children. They were very energetic and youthful. I praised God for their compassion upon these children. When I started to shoot video clips, I realized that the helpers including the teachers were sitting there doing nothing. And I found out that Cannon Sylvia Jeans was not there.

Immediately, I drove to her house and found out that she was preparing something alone. I offered myself to help her in anything she needed. Then she said to me with a smile "Jack, help me to carry these things into the van. Thanks."

As I was moving the things into her van, she instructed one helper to arrange tables and chairs, even she herself needed to do that. I also helped in doing that.

Then she was annoyed and tired, I said nothing but to stand besides her, seeing how she was. Then she suddenly said "Jack, I do not understand that why people do not understand what they ought to do."

I was puzzled. She continued "The helpers just sat down there, doing nothing. Can they not see that we have so much things to do? I must approach them and say 'lift this up', then they will lift up; 'put here', then they will put here; 'put there', then they will put there. If not, they will just sit there and do nothing. This really frustrates me."

I patted on her shoulder and gave her comfort and encouragement. When I saw her disappointed face, it actually made me feel upset too.

When we reached the playground, I unloaded all things and brought them to the field. Then Canon Sylvia Jeans came to me and said "I am glad that you will do it by yourself. I appreciate your initiative actions."



"You know what, Jack. There was a time I conducted a meeting with all these helpers and teachers. I organized an evangelistic meeting in my house. It supposed to be a party and fellowship. So I told them to invite their friends especially the children parents. I took the initiative to cook a lamb for a great feast. On that very night, no one turned up except the teachers and helpers."

I was shocked and I opened my eyes wide, looking at her. She smiled at me and said "Jack, why do people not understand the heart of God? It really hurts me."

As she said this, her voice trembled. I sensed a strong sadness in her heart. And to my surprise, I saw her tears running down from her eyes to her chin.

She cried for the sake of Jesus Christ. I was upset at that moment, giving her a comfortable pat on her back. Lastly, she said "Jack, when we are on the mission in the future, not all people will understand what we are doing. It really hurts us."

Psalms 118:5
"In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free."


No comments: