15 November 2009

Chapter 113: Canon Sylvia Jeans


Last Friday at 2PM, when I returned back from Labuan, I immediately called Canon Sylvia Jeans who is a missionary from Australia.

"Ibu, I am Jack. What time do you want me to do the videography?"
"Hey! Jack. I am glad that you find me. 2:30PM, we will start our video shooting."


Wow! Half an hour left!

Video shooting in her house

Filipinos - illegal children in Sabah

Without hesitation, I rushed to STS after the arrival. Grabbed a handy camera which Canon had borrowed from STS, rushing to her house. And I was surprised to see that there were so many local and foreign teachers in her house. And I realised that she used her house as a school for illegal children. All the children were Filipinos. I was impressed by her love. Therefore, I found out that her house was served as a mission field.

She had came to Sabah for more than forty years, serving God, stayed celibacy and faithfully working in God's ministry. She has greatly blessed the interior areas especially the Filipinos and Indonesians. She had been sharing the gospel with her whole life without fail. I was thinking her endurance is truly great. I believe she has faced many hardships and she perseveres till this present day.

I was also impressed by those missionaries who are willing to work with her in Sabah. How I wish one day, I can conquer my dream and goal to fulfill the sharing of gospel in other nations. I want to go to other countries to do missions.

Canon Sylvia Jeans (Ibu = Mother)
Kellie
Collin
Mary

After the video shooting, she invited me into her house. She had eight dogs in her house. All were well fed and fat. We spent another hour to talk and I was shocked that she actually knew that I had left the full time job in All Saints' Cathedral. She did ask me why I quitted the full time. Her face was full of love and care. My heart melted. The way she asked me was very sincere, and she hoped that I would not turn away from God. My answer to her was...

"I want to pursue my dream. And I am still continuing my journey with God. One day, I will fulfil His task in my life."


She was glad to hear that. And I also shared with her about my mission in Wa, Myanmar. She told me not to give up and continue to hold on to the divine calling of God. I agreed and felt touched that someone truly believed what I had just said. In the end, she prayed for me that I will always stay in tune with God.

God, be with me. And I will continue to fight for You. You had called Your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ and You had sent Him to this world to save the lost. And now we had received Your Son as our Lord. Truly beliving in Him, we are saved. Therefore, now He, in the same way, calls us to do God's will (which God has sent Him to do),

...and He also sent us to go.

Isaiah 48:15
"I, even I, have spoken; yes, I have called him. I will bring him, and he will succeed in his mission."