22 October 2009

Chapter 105: An Old Lady


Yesterday, I was studying in McDonald, Api Api Center. I was doing my final assignment - New Testament.

Then there was an old lady who walked past me. "She was bent over and could not straighten up at all." (Luke 13:11) I immediately recalled on the sermon which Rev Yong had preached on one of the Sunday services. It was about the woman who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. I was not sure whether this old lady whom I met in McDonald was crippled by a spirit.

The way she walked, and the she looked at people, I felt compassionate for her. I truly realized how difficult and suffering it is when our back were bent over for EIGHTEEN YEARS! If Jesus is around there, will he "called her forward and said to her, 'Woman, you are set free from your infirmity'?" (Luke 13:12)

Sitting in diffculty


Readers, we can learn one thing about this old lady. Look at yourself. Your body is totally fine. That is why I always say cherish your body. It is because God only gives our body once in the lifetime. I do not understand why people intend to spoil their body when they were given a fine body. Look at those people who are crippled or handicapped! If they were given a second chance to have a fine body, they will surely understand the meaning of life. They will definitely do something which is meaningful.

I believe the crippled woman in the New Testament, after the healing of Jesus, would start a purposeful life, such as helping those who were crippled. She would have the same compassion for others.

Struggling in opening the door


Readers, cherish your body. And always give thanks to God for He is merciful to you. Furthermore, those who view my blog now, give thanks to God for you still have eyes to see the beautiful creation around you. Always give thanks unto our Lord God Almighty. Amen!

Exodus 23:25
"Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,"

No comments: