17 September 2009

Chapter 95: Pneumonia


"Jack, time to have lunch?"
"Ya, why not?"


My best buddy, Finian, called me for lunch. Hence, we decided to meet at Starbuck Coffee, Warisan Square.


When I reached there, I saw Finian talking to another man. As that man turned around, HEY!!! Archdeacon John!!!

In the end, Archdeacon John joined us for lunch.

I was glad to see Archdeacon John recovered from his sickness. Last two weeks, he was in a serious situation where no one was allowed to visit him. The doctor gave a serious warning that no visitor was allowed during his medical leave. I even heard that he could not even walk around and found himself seriously weak. We can imagine that he was really sick!


During the lunch, I asked him, "What's the disease?"
"Pneumonia."
(a sickness which the liver is infected. It can be fatal)

Health is very important in our life. Readers, do take care of yourself, because God only gives us one body. We do need to cherish the goodness of God. For us who are working, we hardly find time to rest or sleep. To us, sleeping time is one of the most important things in our life. So, when there is time to rest, rest. When there is time to exercise, exercise. When there is time to relax, relax. When there is time to sleep, by all means, sleep. Regain the strength once again, and start everything afresh again!

Psalms 63:1
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

I praise God that Archdeacon John is away from fatal possibility. He is now safe in the hand of God. God is faithful. He will take care of His faithful servant.

Moreover, Archdeacon John is like my spiritual father.


No comments: