09 September 2009

Chapter 91: Doulos Ship


Last Tuesday, my sister Rachel recommended me to try the ice cream on Doulos Ship. She said, "The Ice Cream is really nice! You must try it!"

Hence, we went there.


As I was entering the ship, I saw many books and different kinds of bible. No doubt. It was very stuffy. Everyone in there was sweating. I also met many church friends. And I was surprised to see that many people were quening for one thing. And I did not know it could be the Doulos Ice Cream!


After buying the Ice cream (the ice cream really tastes nice), we were about to leave the ship, one crew who was standing in front of the exit door, gave everyone a Doulos card. I read the card, at the same time, walking back to my car.

I read...
"20 million people in over one hundred countries have visited the onboard book fair.

"The all-volunteer crew serve on board as a practical expression of their Christian faith. Their lifestyle and personal experiences are testimony of lives transformed by God's love.

"The international crew and staff you met come from over 50 nations, but they all have one important thing in common: each one has chosen to live as a follower of Jesus Christ."


As I was reading the card, I was amazed with the founder of Doulos. He must have a big vision which aroused him to start this ship. Where does the fund come from? What about the maintenance fees? There are many troubles which he may face. However, he pursued it. Great! He aroused those who have the same vision to serve onboard to reach out different nations.

I really appreciate those who work in Doulos. They give their life for Jesus Christ and reach out people in nations and serving them with God's love. And they are mostly young people.

Last thing which impresses me the most...
The world knows that Doulos is a Christian ship. Yet it was accepted throughout the nations. Nations give Doulos a port to settle down and launch its bookfair. What about Islamic nations? What about Buddhists' and Hindus' nations? They stopped missionaries from sharing gospel in their nations. Yet they allowed Gospel to enter their country? Isn't it funny? So they should know the ultimate purpose of Doulos is to share Jesus Christ throughout the world.

Matthew 24:14
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

God, You are great! No one can stop You from sharing Gospel. As the followers of Jesus Christ are increasing, the Gospel will be widely spread in a rapid speed. God, have mercy upon us, sinners. Save us from our sin.




No comments: