17 April 2008

Chapter 6: Malaysia C Walk Legend

Written on February 2008



I think when people heard about Jack’s Stuff. Mostly, they will recall about music, MTV, photography… and CWALK! There was one time that Benjamin and I went to Centerpoint, KK. He heard some people looking at me, saying “Look! The CWalk guy!”, “Jack’s Stuff!”, “CWalk!”
















The Crip Walk, or C-Walk, is a steady movement of the feet used to spell out gang-related symbols and images. It originated in the early 1970s in Compton, a poor suburb of Los Angeles, California, popularly referenced in rap lyrics. What began as a symbolic movement of the feet in the early 1980s, soon inspired a hip-hop dance in the late 1990s. This style of dance today is known as the Crip Walk.

A common practice for Crip members is to use the C-Walk to celebrate the initiation of a new member. It is also largely believed that the C-Walk was used as a warning to other gangs of a future attack by the Crips, or as a signal in a robbery. For example, the lookout would stand outside of the store and act as surveillance, while the robbers would lay in wait and await the signal: the C-Walk. Allegedly, Crips would also C-Walk after shooting or killing a rival gang memberin celebration.

The Clown Walk (also known as the C-Walk) refers to a modern dance style, usually done to hip hop music. It is a variation of the Crip walk, a gang related dance. Clown Walking, however, was created to distance the relationship between the dance style and the Crips gang. Another variation of Clown Walking is Crown walking, which focuses mostly on flow rather than speed and flash.

_______________________________


Why do I still CWalk then? There are a lot of people who complain and rebuke me for CWalk culture… I don’t care how they think. I do it in a right way. CWalk is for passion and fun.

Everyone must believe one truth. All creations come from Jesus, even CWalk! I am saying to the Christians now. Remember! All Creations worship Jesus. Amen.

I don’t adapt in the Gangster culture, or anything evil. I just wanted to CWalk for the Glory of God.










How does it happen that I started my CWalk?
I know a dance called Shuffle. Tono is one of my youths in Labuan. Currently, he studies in Singapore. Before he left for studies, he showed me Shuffle dance in youtube because he is a shuffler. If you type “Shuffle Malaysia” in youtube, you will know how it looks like. After watching the shuffle, Tono saw a video named “CWalk”. Then he checked on the video. That’s how I get to know CWalk in the first place.












Tono said that CWalk is really cool. And many people had failed to CWalk because the footworks are very complicated. He himself is a shuffler, but he prefers CWalk. Then I asked him a question, “Anyone does CWalk in Malaysia?” He replied, “No… I see no video of Malaysia CWalk in youtube.”

In my mind, I prayed to Jesus, “Lord, I want this CWalk to be a legend in Malaysia
.

Let me be the first one who starts a video about CWalk Legend in Malaysia. Let me be the light of the world through CWalk. I wanna make a difference and glorify Your Holy name through CWalk.”

I said to Tono that I would like to try CWalk. He said this to me, “Jack, this is going to be tough. It takes a long time to master it.” Then I said to Jesus, “By one month, I will master the footwork of CWalk in the name of Jesus. May the Lord help me!”

I know one day in Malaysia, CWalk will be very famous. Many people will start to CWalk. If I don’t start CWalking now, it would be too late to catch up with the new generation. After that one month, I went to a new place called Tawau. In Tawau, no one knows about CWalk. I did my CWalk practices where no one was around. Accidentally, someone saw my CWalk. And that’s how the people in Tawau started their CWalk journey.

















CWalk in KK. Click the link below...
Jack’s Stuff C Walk in KK.


Many people had known me through CWalk. They will acknowledge me as a Christian.
I am in the success of seeking the Greater Glory of God. No one understands, but Jesus is the only one who knows my heart.

Let His name be widespread throughout Malaysia in my CWalk video. His name is to be lifted up high forever! Amen!

CWalk is one of the ways of life. You must CWalk into a level where everyone can feel the groove and relaxation in your CWalk. Make sure everyone can see every step of our footwork, yet they can’t learn from seeing it. This is what I called professional CWalk. My CWalk is Crown Walk.

4 comments:

gabriel said...

Yes man...c walk for christ..

Anonymous said...

bro lets cwalk to glorify God and gratz God love u and gib u this skills bro be happy man i also wan cwalk pls pray for me i wan be like u guys so we can be together

Anonymous said...

man.. i also wan improve more.. more more.. lord pls help me.. Cwalk for christ 4ever..

Anonymous said...

man.. i also wan improve more.. more more.. lord pls help me.. Cwalk for christ 4ever..