06 March 2010

Chapter 130: A Frog In The Well


After so many days with people in society, I began to understand I was a frog in the well. I think I was drowned in this for a long time. Now I really understand it is good to expose outside to gain knowledge about my future goal.

Chinese saying - A Frog in the Well.
"A person who thinks that he knows a lot of things, but he knows too little."



I really need to admit that I know too little about the things around me. I really need to catch up even faster to keep myself on track in society. I can never learn enough in this world. I think I made a wise choice. If I continue to stay in church, I will never know that I am living in a worldwide society with full of challenges.

After my prudential training, Michael came to fetch me. We continued to meet his friends. During the visitation, I realized that Michael is actually the smartest among all his friends. Sadly to say, this is not a criticism. Seriously speaking, I taught him WELL since we met in church during the time of Labuan. He is teachable and also a fast learner.

I was quite disappointed to see that some of his friends were frogs in the well. As I had conversation, they were all as if knowing everything, yet they were all saying the things which they did not really understand. They were all comparing knowledge and trying to be the outstanding one. As for Michael, I found him remained silent and cool. He was just nodding his head and smiled. He spoke less among all his friends.

Along the way home, he said "Jack, actually what they said just now, I truly know that they do not really understand what they are trying to say. I think you are right. Sometimes it is the best to keep quiet and let them do the talking. If I really do not know, I will ask and make myself clear."

"Michael, very well. I am glad you have grown up so much. They are all just frogs in the well. It is always to ask when you really do not know anything. It is better for people to say you are NOOB when you ask, rather than pretending to know something. it is better to humbly ask and receive what you need."

I Concluded, "Michael, 'ASK' is actually part of the way to be successful as the Lord gives us a freedom to ask Him."

Isaiah 7:11
"Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights."


Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."



1 comment:

Richmond Cheow said...

Bro, I think this is very much like Christianity as well.
We should all be careful not to lose focus on the things that are really important.

"They want to be the teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm." 1 Timothy 1:7