29 October 2008

Chapter 16: Life to the fullest

Written on 1 November 2008


Right now, I was working in the Diocesan Office in All Saints Cathedral. Hence, I always have chances to work with Bishop. Praise the Lord!


On 24 – 26 October 2008, I was called to follow Bishop Albert Vun to Kudat and Telupid (Sabah, Malaysia) for confirmation services. I felt something different in my heart. I should say he got the highest authority among all Sabah Anglican Churches. I thought, “This is the first time that I am going out with Bishop to other places. I was working with a person who holds the highest authority in church, how is the feeling going to be?”

I really like Bishop very much. He really takes care of the people who work under him. And he really knows how to associate with people around him. He really has the wisdom to look after the Diocese. This is not easy at all. One thing I really appreciate about Bishop – he thinks so much differently from most of the people. His thoughts are really wide and open. From this point of view, I really respect him. Somehow he is like a father to me.


________________________

On the way to Kudat, he suddenly brought me to his mother’s house. I wonder why he suddenly visited his mother. Then he offered me DURIANS! I was so surprised. Bishop really knows how to enjoy his life. It’s the 1st time that I saw Bishop did such a thing like opening durians. Interesting!


On the way to Kudat (about 4 hours drive), we have so much things to talk – food, lifestyle, wisdom…etc. Mostly, I was the one who asked him about the vision of Diocese. He shared with me many things about the churches. And he even taught me how to handle some serious matters in church. I was blessed to learn about his experiences. The amazing thing is that I could be able to talk to him about photography, and videography! He even challenged me to do one project regarding to Multimedia. In the future, you all will know about it! So I took the challenge. I told you before, readers. I am a person who loves to do something different and challenging.

Then our next destination is Telupid (about 6 hours drive). Seriously, I was pretty tired about a long drive and long period of photography. On 26 October 2008, after our Confirmation service in the morning, Bishop promised that he wanted to bring me to have a SHOWER IN THE RIVER! I was so surprised! This is the 2nd time that I thought, “WOW! Bishop really know how to enjoy his life!”


John 10:10
Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
__________________________________

From these pictures above, I learn one thing from him. Though he is a very busy man, somehow he can be very tired too, yet he will enjoy his life to the fullest. I love the way he spent his time. This is really called LIFE. I believe I will have a great time with Bishop again in the future. I love spending time with him.

I will live my life to the fullest, with a life of abundance in Christ Jesus.
The life of Jack’s Stuff will continue to move on in an extraordinary way…

2 comments:

XiaoWei said...

haha... that's him... :)

sarahvsl said...

haha.. cute ler my daddy. =P
i dono y ppl oways so scared of him...he's so funny lor.