27 October 2008

Chapter 15: Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus

Written on 29 October 2008


Although I may receive much criticism from people, I will continue to glorify Jesus. I will focus my life on Jesus, and do whatever pleases Him. Let me tell you one thing - Life is NOT living to please people.

Different people have different expectations and different standards.

If we choose to follow what pleases the people, we normally receive a GREAT disappointment in the end. The greatest failure for people is to please everyone. Impossible! So take note of this,

“Do whatever pleases God. Think of what God will think of us. Our life is for the glory of God.”



Just remember that we only follow what pleases Jesus, and set our goal to achieve Jesus’s standards. Only Jesus’s standard never change and remain in the holiness. People are not perfect, yet lots of defects. Jesus answered my prayer by using the following Bible verses:

Hebrews 10: 33 - 36
“Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.”


Though many people may insult or criticise me, I will not lose my confidence in God. Whenever I try my best to make a breakthrough for the sake of Jesus, I received nonsense from other people. All I do is to glorify Jesus.

To be a great and successful man, criticism is one of the packages in life. This is the price we need to pay. Why do people hate me, even criticize me wherever I am? The reason is… People are not perfect. Do they understand what my purpose is? Even if they do understand, will they listen? Do the people know about their life purpose too? If the people really do, they will never criticize in the first time.


In fact, I still love my enemies. This is my sincere words in my heart.

Therefore, I focus my life on Jesus, do whatever will please Jesus. The church and I are in the same path with me – to glorify Jesus. I believe the church feels the same too.


However, I wanna praise Jesus that even though I receive hatred and criticism from others, the church encourages me and build me up. Though some people may be against me, but I have a church who supports me - the church that chooses to believe me.

I love my church very much.
Jesus, I love You.

2 comments:

XiaoWei said...

a good post! and i need dat... thx

Anonymous said...

wah jack at last a group picture and ppl start to like u see i told u only a retread wont like u


joshua