14 May 2010

Chapter 138: An Uneasy Slight Pain


It’s been a few weeks that I did not really sit down and relax. I have been pursuing straight towards my goal. I felt very excited and passionate about my goal. I cannot wait to see God’s glory in my future. I wanna find any possibility to reach my goal in the shortest time, in the fastest way…

...till yesterday I fell sick.

At that time, my dear came to take care of me. Buying me hot congee and preparing all the medicine. I thanked God for her last night. She had been a great help to me when I was down lying on bed, doing nothing. I could not do anything but to look at her worried face. I still could feel the wetness of the towel while she was wiping my face. As I could look into her eyes, she was telling me something…

“Please do not fall sick again. I am extremely worried.”

At that moment, my body started to urge me by taking care of it. There was an uneasy slight pain from my chest. I guess my body had started to give me a warning signal. And I started to feel something wrong in my lifestyle. Though we all need God in our life, what’s life all about?

I began to understand by living life in contentment, by having healthy lifestyle in common, by enjoying fruitful days in seasons, right now, I then understand I have totally lost contact with my precious body.

I used to write a chapter talking about cherishing our precious body, yet what am I doing here? I neglected my body for quite some time since I started to serve in church as a full time servant. At that time, I only thought of serving God and let God handling the rest. However, at this time, I believe it is not supposed to work in this way. God also wants us to rest well and make our body functioning as it used to be. I felt sorry for my body and I started to promise my dear saying,

“I will sleep early from today onwards.” (plus exercise)

Proverbs 3:7-9
"Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops."

No comments: