12 July 2010

Chapter 141: Ah Bii


"Jack, please wake up! I am scared!"

When I opened my eyes, I heard Ah Bii, my so-called stepbrother weeping besides me. He was only ten years old. I was still feeling blur and rubbing my eyes to get a clear view of the situation.

"What happened, Ah Bii?"
"My mother will commit suicide soon!"

Immediately, I got up and looked into his eyes. (At that time, the room was dark.) He was full of tears. Knowing he was not lying, I said,

"Cool down, ok? Tell me what actually happened?"

He began by saying his mother called him and tell him to take care of himself. He also said his mother sounded sorrowful and lost hope in life. I remembered the most is this sentence...

"Ah Bii, after I am gone, you must take care of yourself. When you grow up, do not be like your father."

This is REAL incident! Someone would be ending her life in any minute. Then feeling panic, I asked, "Where would your mother be right now?"

Both of us remained silent for a while, then he said,

"I remember my mother told me that that lady was living near to our house."


Without hesitation, I got changed and both of us went out. At that time, when we looked at the time, it was 3AM in the middle of night. Feeling cold, both of us were shivering. Then I asked,

"Where is the house of that lady?"

"I don't have any idea. What should we do now?"

I went to ask the security guard in that block, Ah Bii just followed me closely. I described the outlook of Ah Bii's mother to many security guards. And one of the security guards said, "Sorry. We did not notice this woman before." (in Malay)

Ah Bii was losing hope and cried, "My mother will die in any minute. Jack, please! What should we do?!"

When we were about to leave that building block, the security guard stopped us

"Wait! I guess I noticed a short woman walked past this building block." (in Malay)

Immediately, we rushed to the next block, asking a lazy security guard who was sleeping in a room. That guard was supposed to look after the safety of that block.

"Do you see a short woman taking this lift just now?" (in Malay)

The sleepy security guard was pondering a while...


"Yes! Around 2:45AM."

Readers, this incident happened ten years ago. The venue was Api Api Center (opposite Centerpoint) Whatever I said here is 100% true.


To be continued...

No comments: