04 December 2009

Chapter 120: Ibu's Teaching


She was satisfied with the video clip which I had done for her. That was an important clip for her. She needed to bring it back to Australia to show God's ministry in the work of the Filipinos throughout Sabah. I was touched by her passion for Jesus, that she had started to serve Jesus Christ at age of 20s. Until now, she has no regret serving Jesus.

After I had done the mission video clip for Canon Sylvia Jeanes, we had a long conversation. She began to ask about my situation. She could see that I was spiritually tired and depressed. "Worrying about your future, Jack?"

"Ya, Ibu. I need to be true to you. Actually I was still finding out who I am. Sometimes I was wondering who I am. And I seriously question whether God still be with me. Though I still worship God, I still praise God, I still love God, am I choosing the right way?"


She smiled at me, said "Jack, seriously speaking. You are a potential person with special gift from God. From the video clip which you had done for me and God, I truly witness that God has given you a very important gift which God will use it mightily in the future generation."

"Am I on the right track with God? Do you think God will bless my journey?"
I continued to ask.

"Jack, no one will know except you and God. Let me figure it out for you. You said you do not know who you are right now? I should say you are trying to find a way to achieve your goal - the ultimate purpose for glorifying God in your life. You are still finding a way to break through, and accomplish what you desire to do for God. Currently, you cannot find it; therefore you are tired and depressed. I believe God will show you the way.

Jack, do not give up on what God has called you to do. You are not on the wrong path, as long as you fix your eyes on Jesus. You believe that this is what God has planned for you, go for it. No matter what people said about you, only you know. They will not understand. I said again, as long as you focus on God's kingdom, I am always supporting you.

I only worry one thing about you, Jack. As far as I concerned, I knew that you are worrying about money to stay survived. Believe in God, and never lose hope. Focus on God in every way you do. And God will provide what you need. As you can see right now, God has faithfully answered your prayer by giving you a camcorder. I am afraid that you may lose your vision because I believe right now you are in desperate of money. Remember that you do everything for God, showing good deeds, presenting Gospel to people, and focus on God, you will be guided by God.

Just as I said before, showing good deeds is one of the ways to reach out the lost souls. Through your video business, show your good testimony to others. Be the light of the world. As it was written in the bible 'let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.' Jack, I am excited to see how God will use you in society. I earnestly bless you that God will lead you to where you desire to glorify God. May God bless you."


Hebrews 12:2
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juz happen to read a bit of your posts. My apology to drop in uninvited. Dearest fellows, my humble encouragement is that always take one another comments/criticisms positively. To those who give your comments/criticism also please be gentle. I have learned thru my years that is good try not to say to yourself "I don't care what other people say" or may be "I don't care what other people think". To me it is kind of good to know what other people say or think about us or our thoughts/views, because that's where we can learn and grow and improve. The important thing is that our relationship with God must be right. The world is teaching people to go-a-head doing what they feel right and don't bother about others. Some may be self righteous thinking they are always right and other people are wrong. That's why I guess we have so many confuse teaching proclaiming to be of Christ and instead of getting united, Christians are divided. My humble advice is that maintaining a right relationship with God, live a prayerful life knowing His words is ultimate. Busy doing things for God does not guarantee a right relationship. Sit on top of the world also does not guarantee a right relationship. To be able to memorised the whole bible may only give us knowledge. Therefore, I guess we have to check ourselves always. 1 Timothy 4:16 "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Presevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearer".


So in whatever path you want to take, do remember Phillippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Proverbs 16:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determinds his steps".

Be graceful to one another. God bless all of you.

Jack's Stuff said...

My dear brother who wrote the first comment in this chapter,

You are most invited to comment here. I am glad that you read and you give me a good advice.

I will take your words seriously.
:)

"I dont care what other people say" doesnt mean I hate them and ignore them.

Good advice, I will surely take it. In Christ, we are to be edified.

I will make sure my relationship with God is right. For I know I am always a sinner and need God to guide and lead me. Never claim myself to be self-righteous.

His words is my daily bread, my prayer is my breath. I need God seriously.

And I really appreciate your love and kindness as I can see your sincerity in this comment.

God bless

Anonymous said...

Purposely drop in today..(may be a bit free this few days). Thank you for your reply. Good to know your thoughts. No worry bro., "self-righteous" definitely not directed to you. That was in general. Including me, to keep a right relationship with God is important. The Lord knows men weaknesses, that's why I guess Jesus uses the word "keep watch". He knows there are times we will fall.

See your passions for the lost and your love for God. Share a short thing with you.


WHEN TRIALS COME
----------------
When trials come
What can be done?
When trials come
Where can we run?
When trials come
Who is around?
When trials come
No hopes are found

****
When trials come
Sing hymns and psalms

When trials come
Hold on God’s arms

When trials come
Christ helps to calm

When trials come
God’s grace surround


God sent His Son
In Him all done
The world behind, the Cross in front
Standing firm, on solid ground
Finish your race, and get your crown.


2 Corinthians 12:9 'But he said to me," My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Keep you in prayer.