07 November 2008

Chapter 18: Falsehood

Written on 7 November 2008


“Hi, Jack!” Eugene said in Msn.


Yesterday, I received a message from my Singapore friend in MSN. It’s been a long time that we have not contacted with each other. At first we talked about business and IT matters, then suddenly he asked me a question,

“Which church are you in?” He asked.
Anglican.” I replied.
“Is your church charismatic?” He asked again. Thinking for a while, erm… Our Sabah Anglican is more on balanced. So I answered, “Yes, kinda...”

Then he laughed "LOL". Before he went offline, he sent me a Bible verse:

Matthew 24: 24
“For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect — if that were possible.”


___________________________________

Obviously, he is saying that I am one of the falsehoods. If you ask me whether I am offended, the answer is definitely “Yes”. However, I didn’t hate him. I began to think why he will show me this verse. There must be some reasons why he is against it. Frankly speaking, I should thank God for Eugene. I believe God used Eugene to remind me whether I am on the right path with Him. Think carefully, readers. Ask yourself this, “Am I doing the will of God in my daily life?”

I prayed hard to God, kept asking,
God, am I still walking in the right way which you had showed me? I just want You, Jesus Christ, to tell me only. No other gods but You… Please tell me my mistakes, which I do not pay attention to. Please refresh my heart and search me whether I am still in tuned with You.”

To me, I do not really care how talented I am. Between Talents or Righteous, I rather choose Righteous. What God wants is not seeing us being giftedperforming miracles, healing, and casting out demons and interpreting the speaking in tongues… etc. We must be aware of what God wants. God wants a person who truly follows and understands what He thinks – to do His will.

Matthew 7: 21 - 23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'


Scary, isn't it?

Nowadays, many called onto God, “Lord! Lord!” Many use His name to do many wonders, but they MAY NOT be the ones who do the will of God. These people MAY BE false Christs, false prophets in Matthew 24:24. These people MAY NOT enter the kingdom of Heaven. These people MAY NOT even know they themselves are one of the falsehood. DO NOT think, "Once I received Christ, I will surely go to Heaven."

I am so scared that I am actually one of the people who are mentioned in these verses. In fact, I should thank Eugene for reminding me of Matthew 7:21 – 23. Why will God say, “Away from me, you evildoers!”? In my opinion, I think it is all about the relationship between you and God.


So what is God’s will? How close are we to God? Do we really follow what God has told us to do? Do we follow what He wants? Often we pray, “Your will be done!”, yet mostly it is our will be done. Agree?

I have read many blogs from some Christians. They only talk about their life, they never share about God who has done great things in their life. When we talk to them about God, they will rather talk about Soccer player or some famous celebrities or others. I ask you, “Are you sure that God is in your first place?”

In future, I will try to find out: What is God’s will? What kind of relationship between you and God? What is your meaning of LOVE… etc. If you have any question or doubt, you may ask me too. I will be more than willing to find out and we learn together. Please do not hesitate to ask me too.

Though I am Anglican, I will be loyal to Anglican. However, to me, whether I am Anglican, whether I am Charismatic, this is NOT the primary matter. The relationship between God and me is the primary reason why I am still in this world. I would rather stop all arguments whether who is right or wrong. This is pointless. To me, the most important thing is searching for the Great Glory of Goda life after God’s own heart.

Thank you, Eugene, for reminding me to be ALERT. However, Eugene… Those who call “Lord, Lord”, yet NOT is doing the will of God…

YOU MAY BE ONE OF THE FALSEHOOD TOO.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is true man
we never know either we do rite or wrong
pray to GOd it will be our guilend

Richmond Cheow said...

nice one..thx for reminding me as well!